Hi, I’m Rachel!
I got my first camera for my birthday when I was 8 years old and have been taking pictures ever since. I found a love for photographing people when I worked with a photographer in my area while in High School. Ever since then, I knew I wanted to bring joy to other people through photography. Seeing your memories captured through my lens makes my heart happy!
Here is a little bit about me:
- I have lived in Alaska, Texas, Arkansas, Germany, Maryland, Utah, and California.
- I graduated from BYU with a Bachelor’s Degree in Family Life and emphasizing in child development.
- I currently live in Los Angeles. I have also lived in San Diego, the San Fernando Valley, and the Santa Clarita Valley. You could say Southern California has my heart! I love Southern California’s light and locations for pictures!
- I’ve been married to my sweetheart for 4 years.
- I play the piano and the violin.
- I have a golden retriever named Remi who loves to cuddle.
- I love reading. One of my favorite series is Harry Potter by JK Rowling and currently I am reading The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- I love to travel and take lots of pictures! The last place I visited was Europe – next on the list is Hawaii.
- I love the beach, art, music, and good food, and especially love when all of those things happen at once!
- My go-to fast food is Chick-fil-a.
I would love to help you create lasting memories filled with light, love, and laughter.
Services at Rachel Nichols Photography
Families Starting at $325
- I know what you’re thinking: “My kids will never sit for pictures – this would be a disaster!” I’m here to assure you that it won’t be! I love working with kids because of the energy they bring. They make each session one of a kind through laughter, love, and a little spunkiness.
- My job is to capture the in-between moments that make your family unique. I will get pictures of laughter, cuddling, playing, and smiling. All you need to do is relax and follow my lead.
- If you love unposed, candid, and joyful family photography that tells your unique story, you will love my sessions.
Weddings Starting at $2100
- The best decision I made for my wedding day was hiring an amazing photographer. I love looking back on pictures from that day because it reminds me of how I felt – joyful and loved. I want to give you the same experience every time you look at your wedding gallery.
- I love when pictures tell a story – and what better one to tell than your love story! My favorite pictures are candid moments between you and your sweetheart: cuddling, laughing, dancing, twirling, holding hands, forehead kisses, and saying, “I love you.”
- If you want to remember the love and joy you will feel on your wedding day every time you look at your pictures, then I’m the right girl for you.
Newborns Starting at $325
- Documenting your little’s one’s first few days or weeks of life is a privilege. I love the sweet tenderness that comes from your newborn, the joy that comes from their big sister or big brother, and the unconditional love that you as parents show your little one.
- Your newborn will change so quickly after they are born. You will love to have pictures from their first few days or weeks of life to look back on. They will bring you light and love for years to come.
- We will be a great fit if you love lifestyle photography full of joy and want to remember the sweet in-between moments with your newborn.